Homeowner's claims carry with them a unique issue because this is where you (the name insured) lives, eats, and breathe. It is imperative that you receive a proper settlement so as not to experience any discomfort in the future in your residence. Example a smaller home, lingering smoke smells, devalued contents etc. To guard against this we have developed a proactive claims handling process that is very effective. See the following:
ANALYSIS OF THE POLICY:
The first vital step is to review the policy and identify the coverages, conditions, provisions, exclusions and obligations.
QUANTIFING AND DOCUMENTING THE PERSONAL PROPERTY:
As the policy holder you are required to prove the full extent of your loss and support it with the appropriate documentation. When Maib Adjustment handles your claim we will:
- Evaluate if the item is repairable or destroyed.
- Physically “dig” through debris on site then describe the items in an inventory catalog.
- Calculate and apply proper valuations with regards to R.C.V., A.C.V. and depreciation when applicable.
QUANTIFING AND DOCUMENTING THE HOME STRUCTURE:
A comprehensive and detailed damage appraisal to the structure is the duty of the homeowner. When Maib Adjustment handles your claim we will:
- Identify the physical damage to the structure.
- Evaluate what procedures are appropriate and fitting for the damaged structure.
- Determine the dollar amount of damage to the building.
- Calculate and apply proper valuations with regards to R.C.V, A.C.V. and depreciation when applicable.
PRESENTATION OF YOUR CLAIM:
After your approval all necessary documentation of the claim package will be presented to your insurance company.
NEGOTIATION OF YOUR SETTLEMENT:
Our expertise in documenting and presenting your loss postures us to negotiate from a position that is logical, well supported, realistic and all encompassing.
AS A HOMEOWNER PLEASE CONSIDER THESE QUESTIONS:
- Do you really have the spare time and emotional energy to take on this claim as well as the insurance company?
- If you have had prior claims, do you feel you received a great settlements?
- Do you have a good understanding of the terms, forms and procedures such as examination under oath, notarized proof of loss, reservation of rights and non-waiver agreement etc.?
"There were so many hoops to jump through and deadlines to meet. All this was handled proactively by the team at Maib Adjustment."